No matter the industry, handling customer complaints is a critical part of the customer service experience. But what's the best strategy for managing complaints from your tenants? Here are four quick tips:
1. Document the complaint. Big or small, a complaint should be recorded so that it isn't forgotten. No tenant wants to be put on the back burner and forgotten!
2. Investigate the complaint quickly and thoroughly. Whether you're looking into a maintenance issue or a noise complaint, it pays to solve problems quickly. Nip minor issues in the bud before they grow.
3. Assign complaints a level of importance. When you're documenting these complaints, it's a good idea to rank them on a scale of priority. After all, you can't be everywhere at once - and juggling too many complaints at once is a recipe for disaster.
4. Provide written responses to all complaints. Handling complaints in person or via telephone are good options, but it's also smart to follow up any discussion with written acknowledgment of the problem at hand.
- Scott Safadi, Cal Bay Property Management